Over the weekend, our family went over to spend an afternoon with our friends who live close to Zurich. As my husband and his friend had to discuss some work, I thought it would be a good idea for my friend Laura, her almost 4- year-old son and I to bake some treats for our afternoon tea.
Laura and I both have babies that are one month apart. We were just starting to arrange the colourful paper cups in the muffin tray with her son and both our babies decided to cry. In the end, Laura was the one doing all the work while I carried my son, gave her instructions and comforted her baby girl. It was such a funny, chaotic scene!
Unfortunately I did not take any step-by-step instruction photos as I was not thinking about taking photos. Also, I totally forgot about my camera in the diaper bag. It was actually Laura who asked me if I wanted to take some photos of the finished product.
She even did the beautiful food styling! She has these cute Japaneses-inspired plates that I really like! Her kitchen has natural lighting which is perfect for the photo shoot. We both had fun taking photos of the muffins from different perspectives.
I would like to thank Laura for allowing us to mess up her kitchen and for reminding me to take photos otherwise this blog post would not have happened! :)
2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour (or 100 grams of coconut flour)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup coconut milk, full fat
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh blueberries (frozen blueberries will not work)
Makes 12 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a muffin tin with baking cups.
2. Mix together the coconut flour and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
4. Using a rubber spatula, mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
6. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top.
7. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
8. Set pan on a wire rack to cool. Wait until muffins are completely cool before serving. Store in the refrigerator.