I love salmon- raw, pan-fried, grilled, baked and in soups (Look out for my next recipe post, Miso Salmon Black Rice Noodles).
So you probably already know about the benefits of eating oily fish like salmon and mackeral, the importance of omega-3 fatty acids for better brain and heart function. We eat salmon at least twice a week. Obviously it is better to choose salmon from sustainable sources and fortunately we are able to get them here in Switzerland.
My favourite and quickest way to cook salmon is in the oven, I pop them in the oven and 15-20 minutes later it is ready. We usually eat it with a side of greens like mixed salad, cooked kale or steamed broccoli. We thoroughly enjoy this simple and easy way to cook salmon!
2 salmon fillets (around 200 grams each)
2 tablespoon organic ghee or coconut oil
Organic dried herb- dill or oregano (use fresh if you can get some)
Himalayan salt to taste
Half a lemon
1. Remove salmon fillets from the fridge at least 30 mins before cooking
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
3. Prepare the fillets by making sure they are dry using kitchen paper
4. Spread a tablespoon of ghee on each fillet as seen below
5. Sprinkle some dried dill or oregano, use fresh herbs if you like
6. Sprinkle some Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper
4. Lay some baking paper on an oven tray, brush a thin layer of olive oil on the baking paper and place salmon fillets on top, this will make the skin crisp up nicely.
8. Place the salmon fillets in the oven and bake for about 15- 20 minutes, depending on how thick the cut of the salmon is
9. Serve the cooked salmon with a squeeze of lemon and a side of greens, enjoy!